Monday, August 23, 2010

School has begun

So far it's gone well, a little hectic at first, but hopefully this first actual week will slow the pace a bit.

Maddmans teacher is really nice and good with faces, I was glad to be immediatly recognized when I came to pick him up. She glanced up at me and turned to him. (They were all in the hallway waiting for parents)

LittleMan's school is neat, the room is huge and has two classes in it. The first two days were really a meet and greet so we shall see how a first real week of pre-k goes.

The past weekend was a recoup weekend, nothing much done. We just relaxed and recharged. Baked some bread too ^-^  The plan is to do that once a week to help with the amount of bread we buy. Were are going through about two loafs in a week and half span. Of course this varies depending on the menu for that week, but it's an average.
 So Sat's loaf was just basic wheat as we are planning on making our favorite broccoli and cheese soup this weekend and the bread will be good with it. If it lasts that long. I'll most likely be making a new loaf between now and the coming Sunday. *chuckles*
Which I honestly don't mind, better bread = healthier kiddos.
Besides -insert sneaky voice here- LittleMan's school requires he bring veggies every day......so I'm going to try to work some into recipes so he'll get his serving and I don't have to toss uneaten veggies at the end of the day.
Got any favorite veggie included breads? I'm willing to work either Bread Machine (which is the norm for our bread making) or oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment