Monday, August 9, 2010

Both of my boys will be heading to school next week. One will venture into 1st grade and the other will begin Pre-K 4.

I'm excited and sad at the same time. My house will be semi lonely during the middle of the day and yet I cannot wait for it. I can't help wondering if that makes me a bad mom, but then I remember, we play it up that parents in this country are excited about their kids going back to school every year. I can't imagine I'm the only mom out there jumping at the thought she might actually get a clean house again.

Or time to watch that show on the home improvement network you've been missing.
My hope is that I can get enough done within the first month that I can crack some projects for the house with a whip.Our house needs some TLC and I need the time to do it.

Pre-K looks interesting, Maddman (my older boy) didn't get to go for that and I really wish he had. Kindergarten was odd at first and I think having been in pre-k things might have been easier. Who knew these days the kindergartners were having to write sentences. And do subtraction? That was 1st grade for us.

Having the right teacher has helped in that regard as well. I cannot say enough good words about my son's K teacher. She was awesome. Hoping that when we transfer the Little Man over to that school next year we can get her again.

1st grade seems like it will bring it's own challenges, though I'm sure nothing we can't handle. I'm excited that Maddman will get to learn an instrument. And not just a recorder.


So what are your goals for when the kids all migrate back to classrooms? Going back to class yourself or perhaps like me, you've got a long to-do list waiting patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment