Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shopping Grump

So while I love Burlington Coat Factory for random home things and I know I'll be happy to find things for the baby when he gets here, their commercials are sooo misleading.

I would love to be able to find things that I'd actually wear in there, things that you do see in windows of other stores or even close knock offs. However, that doesn't really happen. I rarely find anything that I'd wear, or let my kids wear as far as shoes go, and don't get me started on clothes. Unless I'm shopping for a dress or a suit for the boys, it's not worth a stop for me.

That's not saying they don't have enough in there...I could spend a day digging through overstuffed racks, but unless I'm looking for a velour track suit, a mother of the bride outfit, 6in or over heels or super shiny black patent boys shoes, the range of clothing that would come back to my closet dies.


Perhaps they are trying to change this and it just hasn't hit my local stores yet, but nothing selection wise I've seen there has changed in the past ten years that I've randomly been stopping in there.  Home goods, some accessories (lol for joe boxer stuff there all the time....) baby stuff and winter coats all seem to be fine, but all of the rest of our local stores cater to a different demographic than their new commercials state.


No comments:

Post a Comment